Volunteer at the Valley State Prison (VSP) – Pathways to Freedom Workshop
Location: Chowchilla, CA
Next Pathways to Freedom Workshop:
Orientation (in person): Fri. night, March 1, 2019
Pathways to Freedom Workshop: Sat., March 2, 2019 – Sun., March 3, 2019
- Accepting Volunteer Intentions (Applications): by Thur., December 13, 2018
- Volunteer Intention Deadline: Fri., December 28, 2018
- Intended Notification of Volunteer Status: by Thur., January 10, 2019
Project Schedule and Your Attendance
As a volunteer, in-person attendance is required for the entire prison project which starts on Friday night at the orientation meeting and ends on Sunday evening with the completion of the workshop. By submitting your intention, it means you can commit to being present for the entire project (from Friday night orientation to the end of the workshop Sunday).
A Message About Dropping
There is a great deal of time, energy and detail required to organize these workshops. Every volunteer who is allowed to walk through the prison doors has been individually checked and approved by the prison. This process takes time. Once the volunteer team is chosen, your information is sent to the prison for processing security. That means, when someone drops, we cannot simply replace your spot with another volunteer. We are short a team member and another volunteer missed their chance to participate.
Life happens and there are situations beyond our control. We understand and take these circumstances into consideration. With that in mind, if you have a history of dropping, you may be impacting your future chances of being selected as part of the volunteer team for the prison workshops.
Sign Up for Notifications
Sign Up to Volunteer at this Event:
Step 1: Send your Volunteer Intention
Or use this link: http://weblink.donorperfect.com/VSPMar2019
Step 2: Submit Security Clearance (if applicable)
If the following applies to you:
- If your Driver’s License (or other submitted ID) has changed
- If you are a new FTC volunteer
- If you have not yet submitted your security clearance information
- If you have any changes to your arrested / incarceration history since you last filled out the form.
please fill out the following security clearance form. Without this information, you will not be allowed to enter the prison.
- You will need to bring this ID with you when you enter the prison
- Please make sure that the ID we have on file for you/that you are submitting is still valid
Or use this link: http://weblink.donorperfect.com/SecurityClearance
Step 3: Submit your Education and Training Information (if applicable)
If this will be your first time volunteering with The Freedom to Choose Project or if you have not yet filled out this form, please provide your education background.
Or use this link: http://weblink.donorperfect.com/EduBackground
If you are selected to be part of the volunteer team for this project, visit the password protected volunteer portal containing volunteer logistics, information, and everything you need to know.