For over 15 years, The Freedom to Choose Project (FTC) has been offering award-winning, educational programs to those affected by the criminal justice system both inside prisons and in the community.
Due to the success of our programs, our organization is growing! We’re looking for motivated self starters who are ready to roll up their sleeves and work together in building an organization that is as stellar as our prison education programs. Join us on the ground-floor of leading-edge prison education that transforms lives.
What You’ll Do
- Sort and scan all mail and distribute in appropriate files (physical & electronic)
- Compile and send program packets, packages and other mailings
- Maintain efficient filing systems both paper & computer
- Recommend improvements to systems and implement with approval of supervisor
- Shred paperwork
- Assist in reorganizing the supply room or loading/unloading the supply van as requested
- Run errands with own vehicle (mileage will be reimbursed), including picking up mail from the post office weekly
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends
- Other duties as needed
Who You Are
- Excellent attention to detail
- Works efficiently
- Great positive attitude
- Highly organized and works to completion ahead of deadlines
- Works independently
Experience You Bring
- Proficient on Mac computers
- Proficient in Excel
- Ability to lift 25 pounds a plus
- Excellent driving record and vehicle for errands
The Freedom to Choose Project’s mission statement
Our Reason for Being
To be considered, please send a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, please summarize how your experience will meet the needs of this position. Thank you for your interest in the life-transforming work that we do!
Email your application to: [email protected] and please include “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.